This fast casual dining restaurant boasting a full bar and state of the art entertainment, is located in the heart of San Diego. 20 years of expertise have been poured into redesigning this restaurant and bar, which will become the home of San Diego Mexican food, craft beer lovers, sports enthusiasts, good friends and families.
Why Come to Work for us:
- Experienced, accessible leadership
- Small company feel with BIG company success
- Consistent support and communication
- Fast paced but structured environment
- Systems that work
- Quality food made fresh in our restaurants daily
What we are looking for in a General Manager:
The GM is responsible for total operations of our restaurant including all aspects of profit and loss, hiring and training of both shift management and hourly team, daily execution of safety/sanitation, quality food preparation and guest service. Responsible for cleanliness, repair and maintenance of the building and equipment. The GM is responsible for these areas whether on or off the premises. Responsible for communicating and administering all company policies and procedures.
Skills and Attributes
- Strong leadership and teaching skills
- Excellent interpersonal communications and presentation skills
- Ability to positively influence and manage through others
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to solve complex problems
- Must be able to keep bar inventory control, order product and maintain a professional and positive relationship with vendors
- Ability to work well and partner with others in a very team oriented environment
- Must possess a keen ability for hiring, training and developing a restaurant team from the ground up
- Past experience opening restaurants and creating a lively and professional work atmosphere is highly preferred but not required.
- Community oriented and focused on working with local organizations for events, parties, fundraisers and getting to know our guests on a first name basis
- 4+ years’ experience as a General Manager for high volume, full service restaurant/bar environment.
- 3+ years’ full bar experience with extensive knowledge of cocktails and craft beer – craft cocktail menu designing experience preference
- Working knowledge of MICROS or like systems preferred but not required.
- Combination of both front of the house and back of the house management experience.
- Proven track record in successfully training and developing people.
- Experience with Kitchen thru-put (efficiency) processes.
- Experience and proven track record in managing a budget and cost controls to increase revenue and profitability.
- Has strong knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures in a restaurant. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Must have ability to accurately handle money, make change, process credit card transactions and have strong menu knowledge.
- Performs a variety of tasks. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
Example of Work Activities:
- Conduct training for personnel
- Direct and coordinate food or beverage preparation
- Monitor worker performance
- Maintain and manage restaurant budget and P&Ls
- Investigate customer complaints
- Maintain production or work records
- Modify work procedures or processes to meet deadlines
- Schedule employee work hours
- Direct and coordinate activities of workers or staff
- Use oral or written communication techniques
- Inspect facilities or equipment for regulatory compliance
- Oversee work progress to verify safety or conformance to standards
- Requisition stock, materials, supplies or equipment
- Resolve or assist team members to resolve work problems
What’s in It for You?
Great work environment – Ours fast paced, high energy, and dynamic environment in which flexibility and creativity are highly valued.
Pride – You’ll join a successful organization that has garnered a strong reputation for exceeding client expectations along with a number of industry accolades.
Competitive Compensation– In addition to a competitive salary, we’ll provide you with comprehensive health benefits, paid holiday, attractive bonus structure, and more.